Sunday, May 4, 2008


So, Friday night we went out to our favorite Vegan Chinese joint (Kingdom of Vegetarians) to celebrate our friend Mia and my boyfriend's birthdays. We then proceeded to Bob and Barbara's, a local bar that has a great three piece jazz band on the weekends.
Since I hadn't had a drop of alcohol in quite a while I decided to indulge in a few vodka and cranberry juices.
Bad idea.
I knew going into the night that if I decided to drink I would know for sure about the drinking arthritis connection by morning. While I had a great time that night, by morning, it was as though I forgot how bad my hips and elbows could hurt.
I suppose it was worth it to know for sure (well at least have a better idea) that alcohol does cause arthritis flare ups. Sad but true.
Now I know and knowledge is power. If I do decide to drink more than just a glass of red wine in the future I better be prepared to waste a day lounging around, hungover with joint pain.

Eh,who needs the calories from alcohol anyway?Right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi i have psoriatic arthritis too... did you change your diet because of it? if you did do you see a difference? i'm guessing not since your in so much pain. do you take any meds for it?? my email is stylesbymari@aol.com
Please email me back when you can i'm really curious about the whole diet thing?? thanks for the blog it's nice to be able to get some info about my situation...