Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I remember when rock was young...

Okay, so it's been awhile since my last post but this could be taken as a good sign.

I haven't had a really bad arthritis day for a couple of weeks (which is way more exciting to me than I wish to admit). Mainly I have been tackling killer allergies (that I am pretty sure started while I was sick a couple of weeks ago creating a lot of confusion as to why I was still coughing 16 days later).

I have been alcohol and coffee free this whole time and it is quite possible that the diet could be paying off. I, of course, have my reservations seeing as arthritis is really unpredictable and just because I am having a good couple of weeks now, doesn't mean a flare up isn't right around the corner.

Anyhow, I have to admit that when I was sick I did not leave my bed for about three days.
This made my computer my only form of entertainment. After exhausting almost every other tolerable possibility for online television I eventually decided to watch the ENTIRE SEASON of the celebrity apprentice.
I have never watched the actual Apprentice before, but I have to admit that having D list celebrities fight to win charity money was mildly entertaining. During the show these "celebrities" fight to make the most cash marketing all sorts of crappy products from subway sandwiches to Kodak printers. Perhaps my brain was numbing from the whole situation but when the celebs started to pitch the "Crocs" (those HIDEOUS clog like shoes) and their new Eco marketing ploy, I actually became interested in the product. A reader had suggested them to me for my ailing feet on a previous entry, and after learning about the company a little I have been thinking about investing in a pair before I go to Jamaica.
I refuse to get the big clog ones with the holes in them, but they make a pretty nice looking sandal that seems comfy cozy. I almost bought a pair when I was at the mall last weekend but I chickened out at the last minute. If I finally bite the bullet, and get a pair, I will be sure to write about it and let you know if they are as comfortable as people say.

No comments: